Dec 30 2009
Conflicting reports were reaching the Pentagon on whether the victims were civilian or military.
KABUL (AP) — A U.S. official says eight Americans have been killed in eastern Afghanistan. The official, who spoke Wednesday night on condition of anonymity because details about the incident had not been confirmed, would not disclose any other information.
A senior U.S. official in Washington said the Americans were killed in Khost province by an attacker wearing a suicide vest. Another senior U.S. official in Washington said there were conflicting reports on the total number of casualties. Others were also wounded.
Wazir Pacha, a police spokesman in Khost province, says local people reported hearing a blast on a military base in the area. Chicago Tribune
Murdered Americans said to be CIA employees. I wonder if Obama was behind this attack?
(CNN) — An attack by a suicide bomber at a military base in eastern Afghanistan on Wednesday killed eight Americans believed to be CIA employees, a senior U.S. official told CNN. Also Wednesday, four Canadian soldiers and a Canadian journalist were killed when a roadside bomb hit their armored vehicle in southern Afghanistan, Canada’s defense ministry said.
In the meantime, the Afghan Taliban gave their year end report, stating that 2009 had been a very successful one for them. (Thanks to America’s new pathetic ‘leadership?’) They plan to make a big push in April when the weather gets better.
Apparently this suicide bomber had been invited onto the base. By Obama?
RELATED VIDEOS: EnemyWithin-foreign