Detained Somali-American MUSLIM in Kuwait "claims" he was tortured

HAH! Don’t they all? Al-Qaeda trains its terrorists to cry “torture” if they are captured. The fact that this Somali Muslim used a cell phone in jail to contact the two biggest leftie media sluts, the NY Times and, tells me he is lying.

NY TIMES–An Somali-American Muslim teenager detained in Kuwait two weeks ago and placed on an American no-fly list claims that he was severely beaten by his Kuwaiti captors during a weeklong interrogation about possible contacts with terrorism suspects in Yemen.

The teenager, Gulet Mohamed, a Somali-American who turned 19 during his captivity, said in a telephone interview on Wednesday from a Kuwaiti detention cell that he was beaten with sticks, forced to stand for hours, threatened with electric shocks and warned that his mother would be imprisoned if he did not give truthful answers about his travels in Yemen and Somalia in 2009. (Why does any Muslim teenager go to Yemen and Somalia today if not for terror training?)

American officials have offered few details about the case, except to confirm that Mr. Mohamed is on a no-fly list and, for now at least, cannot return to the United States. Mr. Mohamed, from Alexandria, Va., remains in a Kuwaiti detention center even after Kuwait’s government, according to his brother, determined that he should be released.

Mr. Mohamed said that Kuwaiti interrogators repeatedly asked whether he had ever met Anwar al-Awlaki, the American-born cleric now hiding in Yemen who is suspected in terrorist plots by Al Qaeda’s Yemen affiliate. He said that the Kuwaitis also asked detailed questions about his family in the United States and his family’s clan in Somalia — information he said he assumed that American officials provided to the Kuwaitis.

Mr. Mohamed denies ever meeting with militants. “I am a good Muslim, I despise terrorism,” he said in the interview. (But we know that “good Muslim” = one who believes in jihad)

The Federal Bureau of Investigation declined to comment about the episode, and State Department officials would not answer questions about whether
American officials helped engineer Mr. Mohamed’s arrest. A message left at the Kuwaiti Embassy in Washington was not returned.

Mr. Mohamed’s case is the latest in a string of episodes over the past year in which Americans have been
detained overseas and questioned about their travels to Yemen, where a number of attempted terrorist attacks against the United States have originated.
The Obama administration has expanded terrorist watch lists to prevent people who have traveled to Yemen to travel to the United States without additional screening — or detention and questioning.

During the 90-minute telephone interview, Mr. Mohamed was agitated as he recounted his captivity, tripping over his words and breaking into tears. (Awwwww, he cwied like a wittle baby) He said he left the United States in March 2009 to “see the world and learn my religion,” and had planned to return to the United States for college. (Learning about his religion in Yemen means learning about Islamic j-had)

Over the next several days, he said, his captors grew increasingly hostile and began beating his feet with sticks and striking him in the face when they asked him about his time in Yemen.

“Are you a terrorist?” they asked, according to his account. “No,” he replied. “Do you know Anwar?” his interrogators asked, referring to Mr. Awlaki. “I’ve never met him,” Mr. Mohamed recalled saying. “You are from Virginia, you have to know him,” they responded, according to Mr. Mohamed. From 2001 to 2002, Mr. Awlaki was the imam of a prominent mosque in northern Virginia.

He said that his interrogators told him they would have American officials detain his mother in Virginia and that “he would never see her again” if he did not tell the truth about his connections to terrorists. During the interrogation sessions, he said, the Kuwaitis also tried to intimidate him by repeatedly barking orders to “bring the electricity.” (Threats do not = torture)

Mr. Mohamed said he was eventually transferred to the deportation center in Kuwait, where he is currently detained. He said that the American Embassy officer told him that his travels had raised “red flags.” The officer, he said, told him that the embassy had been unaware of his whereabouts and had been searching hospitals and local jails since his disappearance — an assertion he said he did not believe.

“I cannot sleep,” he said. “I cannot eat. I’m scared to walk to the bathroom because I’m afraid they will hunt me down.” “I’ve been beaten and tortured, physically and mentally,” he said, choking back tears. “I’m not the same.” (Awwwwww!)