Sep 4 2011
To commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11, Baptist leaders will reach out to Muslims. The question is WHY do this on 9/11?
‘UNPACKING ISLAM’: What Muslims really believe and how it affects you. I do hope they will focus on the evilness of Islam and how it was responsible for the attacks on 9/11. But somehow I doubt it.
InCast Event (H/T Ryan K) –Ever since the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon – and the subsequent U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq – Islam has been thrust into the American spotlight. But even ten years later, there’s still widespread confusion and controversy over the teachings and ideals of Islam.
* Is Islam a religion of peace?
* How much overlap is there with Christianity?
* What’s the origin and message of the Qur’an?
* What is the Islamic attitude toward non-Muslims?
* How should we regard our Muslim neighbors?
* What’s the best way to interact about matters of faith with our Islamic friends?
* Lee Strobel and Mark Mittelberg will cut through the hype and offer a balanced and accurate assessment of Islam through their interviews with Muslim experts and the riveting testimonies of former Muslims who are now followers of Jesus.
The combination of easy-to-understand explanations and the gripping stories of Muslims-turned-Christians will both inform and inspire participants, who will walk away from the evening with a fresh understanding of Islam and how this fast-growing faith affects them personally. MORE INFO HERE: Unpacking Islam
(If any of you watch this broadcast, please tell us how accurately they present this “fresh understanding of Islam.”)