FBI releases photo of Muslim man wanted for latest 9/11 threats

This is believed to be one of the Muslim men counter terrorism chiefs say are plotting a terrorist attack in America on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11. An image of American-born 22-year-old Jude Kenan Mohammad has been posted on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted list.

UK DAILY MAIL  He has been linked to what officials have called a credible but unconfirmed al-Qaeda threat to set off a car bomb on bridges or tunnels in New York City or Washington.

The Wall Street Journal reported Mohammad is among three al-Qaeda leaders that investigators believe pose a particular threat because they have lived in the U.S.

Should that mission prove impossible, the attackers have been told to simply cause as much destruction as they can.

Mohammad, who was born in Florida, dropped out of North Carolina’s Fuquay-Varina High School in 2006 and left the U.S. two years later to visit Pakistan, his father’s homeland.

A federal grand jury in North Carolina indicted him and seven other men in 2009 on charges that they conspired to carry out terrorist activities around the world. Two of the men have pleaded guilty, and the trial of four others is set for September 19 in New Bern.

Federal authorities have never arrested Mohammad in the case, saying that they believe he has been in Pakistan since the indictment was issued.

Frank Perry, a former FBI agent in Charlotte, said: ‘They were far along in their planning and he’s not here, so perhaps he’s done more planning since then. ‘If he’s a so-called leader, it could be a leader for a particular operation. It could be a leader of a particular cell.’ Word that al-Qaida had dispatched would-be attackers reached U.S. officials this week.

A CIA informant who has proven reliable in the past approached intelligence officials overseas to say that the men had been ordered by  al-Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahri to mark Sunday’s 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks by doing harm on U.S. soil.

The informant says the would-be attackers are of Arab descent and may speak Arabic as well as English. Counterterrorism officials were looking for certain names associated with the threat, but it was unclear whether the names were real or fake.

However, a source told the New York Post: ‘It does feel more operational than most of the others we’ve had that have been more aspirational.’ The information, which came from chatter picked up overseas by the CIA, said the attack would occur on the 10th, 11th or 12th, another source told the paper.

Federal officials said yesterday that three individuals – one believed to be a U.S. citizen – entered the country last month by air with ‘intent’ to carry out a terrorist plot against Washington, D.C. or New York.

Police sources told reporters the individuals are believed to have come to the U.S. via Afghanistan or Pakistan with at lease one stop in another country, possibly Iran.

New World Trade Center buiding under construction at Gound Zero

Share