Apr 10 2012
So much for integration and assimilation with the filthy kuffar. Then again, how many of us pork eaters know how to spell ‘Intifada’ in Arabic?
Ann Arbor Founded in 2010 and enrolling just 31 pupils, Precious Sprouts of Ann Arbor, MI may not be the longest-standing pillar in the local Islamic community. But what it lacks in enduring presence, it makes up for in heart.
A Chicago-based company, TMA Worldwide, owned by Muslim couple Asma and Tausif Malik, launched a national Muslim spelling bee in March to “help connect the Muslim community to the Muslim community.” This is believed to be the first national Muslim spelling bee in the world.
Michigan was almost left out from hosting a regional contest, despite being home to the largest mosque in the United States, the Islamic Center of America, which opened in Dearborn in 2005.
Precious Sprouts volunteered to organize Michigan’s first Muslim spelling bee Saturday, April 8th. The competition is one of 10 regional contests taking place across the United States this spring.Muslim Spelling Bee is honored to partner with leading Islamic Schools to host the regional competition.
- American Youth Academy, Tampa, Florida
- Al-Ihsan Academy, New York, New York
- Darul Arqam, New Jersey, New Jersey
- Al-Hadi School of Accelerative, Houston, Texas
- MCC Fulltime Islamic School, Morton Grove, Illinois
- Mohammed Schools of Atlanta, Atlanta-Decatur, Georgia
- Arizona Cultural Academy, Phoenix, Arizona
- Orange Crescent School, Garden Grove, California
- Islamic School of Irving, Dallas/Forth/Worth, Texas
- Precious Sprouts Of Ann Arbor, Detroit, Michigan