Sep 15 2012
Jay Carney, the Obama spokesmoron, repeatedly told reporters, “These protests were in reaction to a video that had spread to the region… The unrest we’ve seen in the region has been in reaction to a video.”
Gateway Pundit H/T Tammy
He’s lying! These protests were planned well before the YouTube video ever surfaced in Arabic, on Sept. 8th. And before hardly anyone had seen it in English either. The Muslim protest in Cairo was organized by the terror group, Jamaa Islamiya, in August, to take place on 9/11.
USA Today reported:
The protest was planned by Salafists well before news circulated of an objectionable video ridiculing Islam’s prophet, Mohammed, said Eric Trager, an expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
The protest outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo was announced Aug. 30 by Jamaa Islamiya, a State Department-designated terrorist group, to protest the ongoing imprisonment of its spiritual leader, Sheikh Omar abdel Rahman. He is serving a life sentence in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
When the video started circulating, Nader Bakkar, the spokesman for the Egyptian Salafist Noor party, which holds about 25% of the seats in parliament, called on people to go to the embassy. He also called on non-Islamist soccer hooligans, known as Ultras, to join the protest.
On Monday, the brother of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri, Mohamed al Zawahiri, tweeted that people should go to the embassy and “defend the prophet,” Trager said. Zawahiri justified al-Qaeda’s 9/11 attacks in an interview with Al Jazeera last month.
The first clip of “Innocence of Muslims” was shown on Al-Nas TV, an Egyptian Islamist television station, on September 8, 2012.