Libyan president tells NBC: ‘Foreigners’ definitely involved in US Consulate attack

Although the NBC video interview with Libya’s President Mohamed Magariaf begins with the narrator saying Magariaf does not believe “the film is responsible for the attack,” in Benghazi, the NBC print report that went along with the video doesn’t come close to clarifying Magariaf’s position.

MaggiesNotebook (H/T Don L)  The fantasy of blaming the film continues and the filmmaker has been picked up by FBI. In the meantime, the Government cover-up continues as the State Department Bureau of Diplomatic Security scrubs history. 

In this NBC video, the President of Libya is quoted saying the film is not responsible for the attack, but you wouldn’t know that from print reports, and assuming Magariaf actually said it, as the narrator quotes him, it has apparently been cut from the video:

NARRATOR: The president of Libya said today the attack was not the aftermath of a spontaneous outburst of street protests over an anti-Islam movie.

MOHAMED MAGARIAF: I have no doubt about this. It’s a pre-planned, pre-planned attack, (inaudible) on the criminal intentions.

The narrator says the attacks are believed to be connected to the drone strike on al-Qaeda’s second-in-command, Abu Yahya al Libi – an apparent truth, with an attack for the drone strike happening in June 2012 at the same Consulate compound.

Libyan President Mohamed Magariaf said he had been “sharing details” of “foreigners” in Libya with U.S. officials, who he believes were responsible for the deaths of our Consulate staff and contractors.

Jamal Mabrouk, a member of the February 17 Brigade told CNN that he and his Battalion Commander met with Consulate officials three days before the attack and warned them of deteriorating security and the presence of  ”foreigners.” He does not say he knew of the attack, or had specific knowledge of a specific attack on September 11th, and he did not say who he met with.  he had warned

“The situation is frightening, it scares us,” Mabrouk said they told the U.S. officials. He did not say how they responded. (That’s easy, they did nothing)

Mabrouk said it was not the first time he has warned foreigners about the worsening security situation in the face of the growing presence of armed jihadist groups in the Benghazi area. Source: CNN

[vodpod id=Video.16531256&w=425&h=350&fv=launch%3D49047319%26width%3D420%26height%3D245]