It isn't Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you
Islamic Terrorists rejoice at the prospect of Obama’s likely anti-Israel nominee for Defense Secretary
US President Barack Hussein Obama is expected to nominate former Senator Chuck Hagel, an unrepentant hater of the State of Israel, as the next Pentagon chief.
The BlazeThe White House Counsel’s office has reportedly completed Hagel’s vetting process after Obama discussed the position with the former Republican Nebraska Senator on December 4,The Politico news organization reported. Some in the Israeli lobby have reportedly reacted with alarm to reports of Hagel’s nomination as he is known as an outspoken critic of the Zionist lobby in Washington.
That alarm is reaching fever pitch with prominent Democrats and Obama supporters now on the record expressing concern about the choice. This is due to Hagel’s past expressed hostility toward Israel’s supporters in Washington including his refusal as senator to sign onto pro-Israel and anti-terrorism statements.
Just last week, suggestions he does not support Israel were bolstered when the think tank Hagel chairs, the Atlantic Council, published an article headlined “Israel’s Apartheid Policy” equating Israel with South Africa’s historic racist policy. Josh Block, a former spokesman for AIPAC and the CEO and president of the Israel Project, told The Daily Beast, “While in the Senate, Hagel voted against designating the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organization, refused to call on the E.U. to designate Hezbollah a terrorist group, and consistently voted against sanctions on Iran for their illicit pursuit of nuclear weapons capability. It is a matter of fact that his record on these issues puts him well outside the mainstream Democratic and Republican consensus.”
In the past, Hagel has even garnered opposition from pro-Israel Democrats who have defended Obama’s Israel record.
• In August 2006, Hagel was one of only 12 Senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.
• In October 2000, Hagel was one of only 4 Senators who refused to sign a Senate letter in support of Israel.
• In November 2001, Hagel was one of only 11 Senators who refused to sign a letter urging President Bush not to meet with the late Yasir Arafat until his forces ended the violence against Israel.
• In December 2005, Hagel was one of only 27 who refused to sign a letter to President Bush to pressure the Palestinian Authority to ban terrorist groups from participating in Palestinian legislative elections.
• In June 2004, Hagel refused to sign a letter urging President Bush to highlight Iran’s nuclear program at the G-8 summit.
• And here’s what the anti-Israel group, CAIR wrote in praise of Hagel: “Potential presidential candidates for 2008, like Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Joe Biden and Newt Gingrich, were falling all over themselves to express their support for Israel. The only exception to that rule was Senator Chuck Hagel…” [Council on American-Islamic Relations, 8/28/06]
• In 2009, “Hagel signed a letter urging Obama to open direct negotiations with Hamas…”
• In 2007 Hagel wanted to open direct, unconditional talks with Iran. (“It could create a historic new dynamic in US-Iran relations, in part forcing the Iranians to react to the possibility of better relations with the West.”) In 2007 he voted against designating the Iranian Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organization.”
• In 2008, Hagel single-handedly killed an Iran sanctions bill in the waning days of the congressional session. (The bill in question was actually sponsored by then-Senator Obama!)
Hagel become a popular speaker on the Arab Muslim lecture circuit, where he openly supports Hezbollah and HAMAS in a way that only an ardent Jew-hater really can. Hagel was the keynote speaker at the 2007 Arab-U.S. Policymakers Conference, featuring a roster of well known Israel-haters. Hagel, as a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was often praised by Al-Jazeera and other Muslim outfits for his anti-war stance, his attacks on Israel, and his repeated calls for a “more balanced” U.S. policy in the Middle East, which is code for support the Muslim terrorists.