Mar 28 2013
LAST LAUGH? Critics in the political arena had all but written off outspoken, right wing, anti-Islam advocate Geert Wilders…
But in recent opinion polls from the Netherlands, Wilder’s PVV party is on top, with one seat more than the ruling VVD Liberals.
Dutchnews.nl (via TheMuslimIssue h/t Susan K) The poll states the populist party would win 24 seats if there were to be a general election tomorrow, up nine on its actual total. By contrast, the VVD would win 23, down from the 41 seats it has in the current parliament and two down on last week. The Dutch parliament has 150 seats, meaning the PVV would win 16% of the vote.
The socialist extremist left has enjoyed decades of distortions and lies to the public. In September 2012 they gloated that ‘His Freedom party lost more than a third of its seats‘ while forgetting to mention that so did all parties at the time, except the Socialists. And al Jazeera was of course the most ecstatic with titles like “The rise and fall of Geert Wilders?”. al Jazeera observed, ‘Although they share his loathing of Islam, immigration and the European Union, a significant amount of his supporters are also getting tired of his antics.’
Umm…hardly, judging by the results below:
- Considerable reduction of taxes and state regulations.
- Replacement of the present Article 1 of the Dutch constitution, guaranteeing equality under the law, by a clause stating the cultural dominance of the Christian, Jewish and humanist traditions.
- Reduction of the influence of the European Union, which may no longer be expanded with new member states, especially Turkey; the European Parliament will be abolished. Dutch financial contributions to the European Union should be reduced by billions of euros.
- A five-year moratorium on the immigration of non-Western foreigners who intend to stay in the Netherlands. Foreign residents will no longer have the right to vote in municipal elections.
- A five-year moratorium on the founding of new mosques and Islamic schools; a permanent ban on preaching in any language other than Dutch. Foreign imams will not be allowed to preach. Radical mosques will be closed and radical Muslims will be expelled.
- Restoration of educational standards, with an emphasis on the educational value of the family.
- Introduction of binding referenda and elected mayors, chiefs of police and prime ministers.
- Introduction of minimum penalties, and higher maximum penalties; introduction of administrative detention for terrorist suspects. Street terrorism will be punished by boot camps and denaturalisation and deportation of immigrant offenders.
- Restoration of respect and better rewards for teachers, policemen, health care workers and military personnel.
- Instead of complicated reorganisation, a more accessible and humane health care system, especially for elderly citizens.