Jan 25 2014
[UPDATED with information on terror group] 4th BOMB BLAST hits Cairo, six dead, more than 100 wounded, as al Qaeda-linked terrorist group, Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, claims credit. Muslim Brotherhood denies involvement. HAH!
A fourth bombing near a cinema in the Egyptian capital follows three more earlier on Friday. Six people have now died in Egypt’s capital Cairo after a fourth bombing at a cinema. The latest blast, which also injured four conscripts, was caused by a “rudimentary bomb”, according to police. Three separate attacks earlier killed five people and injured dozens.
BBC Militants have stepped up their campaign against security forces in Egypt with a series of explosions in the Egyptian capital, Cairo. Six people were killed and some 100 others wounded, with the biggest blast outside Cairo’s police headquarters.
The attacks come on the eve of the third anniversary of the 2011 uprising against President Hosni Mubarak. Meanwhile, 10 were reported killed in clashes between security forces and Muslim Brotherhood supporters. The explosion outside Cairo’s police headquarters left four people dead and wounded at least 76.
Hours later, there were three more blasts elsewhere in the city, killing two people and injuring several more.
Local media report that an al-Qaeda-linked militant group, Ansar Beit al-Maqdis (Champions of Jerusalem), has said it carried out the attack on the police headquarters. The group previously claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack on a security building in the northern city of Mansoura in December that killed 16 people and injured more than 100 others.
The authorities blamed the Muslim Brotherhood for that attack – something the group strongly denied – and declared it a terrorist group shortly afterwards. An angry group gathered outside the bombed police headquarters, accusing the Islamist movement of being behind Friday’s attacks. Some shouted: “Death to the Muslim Brotherhood”.
The Muslim Brotherhood condemned what it called the “cowardly bombings”. Brotherhood supporters and security forces clashed in Cairo and several other provinces on Friday, with at least seven people reported dead.
The interior ministry said it had arrested 111 people, saying they were “Brotherhood elements” who were “trying to provoke riots”. The Brotherhood has regularly held protests since the overthrow of Islamist President Mohammed Morsi last July.
The multiple blasts which hit different parts of Cairo appear to be a systematic plan. The attackers managed to hit hard at the heart of the Egyptian capital, close to the police headquarters and the museum of Islamic art.
While the police HQ was the most significant target, another blast near a metro station struck one of the most crowded means of transportation in the city.
Friday is a day off in Egypt, otherwise the effects of this second explosion would have been much worse. A third bomb went off near the Giza pyramids with no damage or casualties reported.
It is not just about the size of all these blasts but rather about the timing, coming on the eve of the third anniversary of the revolution which toppled Hosni Mubarak.
The minister of interior has repeatedly emphasised that his forces are quite ready to deal with any trouble during this anniversary, but what happened today raises a lot of questions about what the authorities can actually do.
From my friend in Egypt, here is information about the terrorist group claiming credit for the bombings:
- Bayt Al Maqdes are the most significant terrorist group formed after 25 Jan . 2011, after Mubarak was toppled .
- They consist of former jihadists and palenstinean terrorists & radical beduins from Sinai , who had hopes and plans that the MB would assist them in their cause against “apes and pigs”
- They are located in the Halaal caves & mountains, which Camp David treaty says no military or heavy vehicles are allowed .
- Hamas is the international branch/arm outside Egypt.
- Libyan Jihadists, Egyptian terrorists, Palestinian pussies formed these group in Egypt Sinai, to get Egypt into deep shit with Israel …
- Their logo or motto says “And fight them until there is no fitna and the religion would be Allah’s one”
- Their main targets,kafir UN peacekeepers ,kafir army ,kafir police (where infidel muslims who aren’t devout & lost believers of christians are working together in government, army, police , etc ) jews again israel ….
- Bayt Al Maqdes & MB are two sides to one coin, MB are the “political peaceful group” & Bayt Al Maqdes is the local “egyptian branch” in Sinai , MB provides strategic assistance & support , Bayt Al Maqdes executes .
- Bayt Al Maqdes folks, tend to detonate the oil/gas pipeline to Israel & Jordan to get Egyptians into trouble & political dilemma, but luckily , the neighboring countries are smart enough to understand & realize the crap being thrown here in Sinai.
- Their manpower: 2000 to 3000 militant and few highly trained ones .
- Armaments are stolen from Gaza strip, from Israel through the assistance of “Arabs “, Libya & of course the pig south to us , Bashir.
- The Army of Islam, a U.S. classified terrorist organization based in the Gaza Strip, is responsible for training and supplying many terrorist organizations and jihadist members in Sinai. Mohammed Dormosh, the Army of Islam’s leader, is known for his close relationships to the Hamas leadership. Army of Islam smuggles members into the Gaza Strip for training, then returns them to the Sinai Peninsula to engage in terrorist and jihadist activities.
- Bayt Al Maqdes tends to get Egypt into deep shit with Israel by stealing military vehicles , equipments, cars ,apc’s .
- Those Bayt Al Maqdes believe in their cause, no negotiations, until Palestinian and Islam’s flag is on the top of every single arab country
- Al Qaeda is considered their mother leader, supporting them with strategic and technical info to do their filthy work.