Feb 21 2014
CAIR’s obsessive-compulsive jihad to silence anyone who teaches the truth about Islam should cause its tax-exempt status to be revoked AGAIN!
How many times does the Culpeper, Virginia Sheriff’s office have to tell CAIR that they will NOT bow to its demands that a highly-respected counter-terrorism trainer, John Guandolo, be banned from conducting a seminar there for law enforcement? Now, the CAIR thugs are demanding that Virginia’s Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) withdraw its accreditation for the three-day training program on “Jihadi Networks in America.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CAIR Seeks Withdrawal of Va. State Accreditation for Anti-Muslim Training
Muslim civil rights group, community leaders meet with Culpeper County sheriff
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 2/21/14) — The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on Virginia’s Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) to withdraw its accreditation for a three-day training program on “Jihadi Networks in America” that will be offered next week by John Guandolo, a notorious anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist.
CAIR said an article in a local newspaper noted that “the training will count toward credits for the Department of Criminal Justice Services and that deputies need to attend 40 hours a year of training.”
In a letter sent today to DCJS Director Garth Wheeler, CAIR outlined concerns about Guandolo’s history of anti-Muslim bigotry, including his bizarre claim that the current CIA director is a secret Muslim, and stated: “We respectfully request that the Department of Criminal Justice Services withdraw its accreditation for this hate-filled training program.” Wheeler responded by saying that he would look into the matter.
A similar letter was sent to Mike Harvey, executive director of the Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy, the agency that actually approved the DCJS accreditation.
“Virginia’s Department of Criminal Justice Services should not provide accreditation to an anti-Muslim program any more than it would accredit a presentation by the Ku Klux Klan or other hate groups,” said CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper. “The Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy should immediately withdraw its DCJS accreditation of this hate-promoting program.”
Earlier today, representatives of the Muslim community met with Culpeper County Sheriff Scott H. Jenkins. Muslim participants in the meeting say the sheriff displayed goodwill and proposed several steps that Muslims agree could alleviate their concerns. CAIR and the local Muslim leaders will monitor developments over the few days.
RELATED STORIES re: CAIR’s harassment of John Guandolo:
See what makes CAIR a proxy for Hamas
The following is a very small portion of the evidence which identifies the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) as a Hamas entity.
Summary: Among the massive amount of evidence entered into the US v Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (hereafter “HLF”) trial – the largest Hamas and terrorism financing trial ever successfully prosecuted in U.S. history – is a volume of evidence which definitively identifies CAIR as an organization established by the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s “Palestine Committee” (Hamas) in America. CAIR was the 4th organization established by Hamas to serve its ends here in the U.S. It should be noted that Hamas is the Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine.
While CAIR bills itself as a “Muslim civil rights” organization, the evidence does not support this and, in fact, demonstrates it is a Hamas entity.
- CAIR was incorporated in 1994 by Nihad Awad, Omar Ahmad, and Rafeeq Jaber, all of whom were leaders of the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP), a now-defunct Hamas organization in the U.S. Musa Abu Marzook, the Deputy Political Chief for Hamas and the Leader of Hamas in the United States (Chairman of the U.S. Palestine Committee), was a member of the IAP Board of Directors.
- Hamas is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) by the U.S. government.
- In 1993 and 1994, Omar Ahmad served as the National President for IAP, and was the Chairman of the Board for CAIR from 1994-2005.
- Omar Ahmad was on the Executive Committee for the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas).
- Rafeeq Jaber served as the National President of IAP from 1996-98 and 1999-2005.
- The U.S. government prosecutors and the Department of Justice identify CAIR as a member of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestine Committee, which is Hamas in the United States.
- In 1993, the leaders of the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas) met in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The meeting was covered by the FBI via physical surveillance, microphones in meeting rooms, wiretaps on phones, etc. The FBI stated this was a “Meeting among senior leaders of Hamas, the HLFRD, and the IAP.” (Action Memo from FBI Counterterrorism Assistant Director Dale Watson). “All attendees of this meeting are Hamas members.” (FBI analysis of Philadelphia meeting entered into evidence at HLF trial). Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad – founders of CAIR – were present at this meeting.
- Recorded conversations of this meeting captured Awad and Ahmad specifically discussing the creation of a new public relations organization for Hamas which investigators testified was CAIR, created in 1994 following this meeting.
- The HLF Indictment (2004) stated: “The purpose of this (1993 Philadelphia) meeting was to determine their course of action in support of Hamas’ opposition to the peace plan and to decide how to conceal their activities from the scrutiny of the United States government.”
- In the December 2007 government filing in the US v Sabri Benkhala appeal, the government stated: “From its founding by the Muslim Brotherhood leaders, CAIR conspired with other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood to support terrorists.”
- In a 2004 FBI raid at the Annandale, Virginia residence of Ismail Elbarasse, a senior Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood leader, the archives of the U.S. MB were discovered. One of the documents found listed the leaders of the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas). On the list were the names of CAIR founders Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad (alias Omar Yeheya).
- Because of the overwhelming evidence that CAIR is a Hamas entity, U.S. prosecutors list CAIR as a member of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestine Committee (Hamas) and as an unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF trial – the largest Hamas and terrorism financing trial ever successfully prosecuted in U.S. history.
- In the government filing requesting CAIR’s motion to have its name removed from the Unindicted Co-Conspirator list in the HLF case, U.S. prosecutors stated, “The U.S. Muslim Brotherhood created the U.S. Palestine Committee, which documents reflect was initially comprised of three organizations: the OLF (HLF), the IAP, and the UASR. CAIR was later added to these organizations…the mandate of these organizations, per the International Muslim Brotherhood, was to support Hamas.”
- The Federal Judge in this case, Jorge Solis, stated: “The Government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR, ISNA, and NAIT with the HLF, the Islamic Association of Palestine (“IAP”), and with Hamas.”
- HLF provided CAIR with $5,000 of seed money when it was founded, and CAIR raised money for HLF.
- CAIR has received funds from overseas organizations WAMY (World Association of Muslim Youth) and IIRO (International Islamic Relief Organization), a subsidiary of the Muslim World League (MWL). Both WAMY and IIRO are Saudi-funded organizations whose U.S. offices were raided by the government because of their possible ties to Hamas and Al Qaeda.
- In 1999, CAIR received $250,000 from a Saudi-based bank headed by the former director of the Muslim World League (MWL), identified by Osama bin Laden as a primary source of funds for Al Qaeda. Federal investigators raided MWL’s U.S. offices.
- CAIR has a long record of defending jihadis and jihadi organizations, and continues to publicly condemn counterterrorism efforts of the U.S. government and local law enforcement. Specifically, CAIR vigorously defended Hamas leader Musa Abu Marzook after his arrest, and criticized the government for their investigation and indictment of the Holy Land Foundation.
- FBI Assistant Director Steve Pomeranz stated: “By masquerading as a mainstream public affairs organization, CAIR has taken the lead in trying to mislead the public about the terrorist underpinnings of militant Islamic movements, in particular, Hamas.”
- In a 2003 Senate Sub-Committee hearing on radical Islam, Senator Charles Schumer (NY) stated, “To make matters worse, the prominent members of the Council’s (CAIR’s) current leadership who you Mr. Chairman invited to the hearings today, they declined to testify, also have intimate connections with Hamas.”
- In a letter dated February 12, 2010 to U.S. Congresswoman Sue Myrick (NC) from Assistant U.S. Attorney General Ronald Weich, Mr. Weich wrote “Enclosed (is) evidence that was introduced in that trial (US v HLF) which demonstrated the relationship among CAIR, individual CAIR founders, and the Palestine Committee. Evidence was also introduced that demonstrated a relationship between the Palestine Committee and Hamas.”
- In June 2009, on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Frank Wolf (VA) gave a lengthy speech in which he laid out a great deal of the evidence against CAIR and its ties to Hamas. The transcript of this speech can be found at: http://wolf.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/wolf-gives-major-floor-speech-on-fbis-cooperation-with-cair
- In a letter dated April 28, 2009 from the FBI’s Assistant Director, Office of Congressional Affairs, to U.S. Senator John Kyl (AZ), the FBI leader details why the FBI cut off all formal ties to CAIR and identifies it as an unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF trial because of its relationship with Hamas.
It should be noted that the above information represents a small fraction of the evidence demonstrating CAIR is a Hamas entity. However, the information provided is clear, factual, and evidentiary.
This document was created by Understanding the Threat