Who cares that the United States is condemning Israel’s demolition of terrorists’ homes?

netanyahuThe destruction of terrorists’ homes sends a sharp, clear message to those who wish to harm Israeli civilians and security forces, that terrorism and causing harm to innocents carries with it a heavy price,” the Israel Defense Forces said. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to raze more homes of families of East Jerusalem Muslim terrorists.

B2wY6CkCAAASMsF.jpg-large

Times of Israel  At the same time the U.S. State Department slams Israel’s new construction of homes in the Jewish capital of Jerusalem. We would reiterate our clear and consistent opposition to construction activity in East Jerusalem. During this sensitive time in Jerusalem, we would see such activity as inconsistent with the goal of lowering tensions and seeking a path towards peace,” said State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke at a press briefing Wednesday.

He added that the US administration remains in close touch with the Israeli government on these and other issues, including the deadly attack at a Jerusalem synagogue Tuesday morning.

Rabbi-Moshe-Twersky-killers

Rathke also said that the renewal of the controversial Israeli policy to demolish the homes of terrorists as a punitive measure “are counterproductive in an already tense situation.” “This is a practice I would remind that the Israeli government itself discontinued in the past, recognizing its effects,” he said.

Arab-House-dEMOLITION-660X330

Israeli security forces razed the home of Abdelrahman al-Shaludi, a 21-year-old Palestinian from East Jerusalem from Silwan who rammed his car into Israeli pedestrians in a murderous terror attack last month, which killed a baby and a woman before police shot and fatally wounded him.

Last month, a powerful explosion ripped out the walls of the home of Abdelrahman al-Shaludi, a 21-year-old Palestinian from East Jerusalem who rammed his car into Israeli pedestrians in a murderous terror attack

Last month, a powerful explosion ripped out the walls of the home of Abdelrahman al-Shaludi, a 21-year-old Palestinian from East Jerusalem who rammed his car into Israeli pedestrians in a murderous terror attack

Three other families of terrorists in East Jerusalem have now been formally notified that their homes are slated for demolition. One is the home of Mohammed Jaabis, 23, from Jabel Mukaber, who rammed an earthmover into a bus on August 4, killing an Israeli and wounding five. He was shot dead by police at the scene.

Another is that of Mu’taz Hijazi, 32, from Abu Tor who on October 29 tried to gun down a far-right Jewish activist, critically wounding him. Hijazi was shot dead the following morning during a police raid.

800x400xF090407KG13-800x400.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Okm2s60BWL

The third is the home of Ibrahim al-Akary, 38, from the Shuafat refugee camp, who on November 5 rammed his car into pedestrians, killing a teenager and a policeman and wounding nine, before also being shot dead at the scene.

Israel has likewise pledged to raze the homes of Uday and Ghassan Abu Jamal, from Jabel Mukaber, who on Tuesday were shot dead after attacking a synagogue with meat cleavers and a gun, killing four rabbis at prayer as well as a Druze policeman.

dead-cousins

Earlier Wednesday, Jerusalem municipal spokesperson Brachie Sprung said that of the 78 homes in East Jerusalem set to be built, 50 apartments are to be built in the Ramot neighborhood and another 28 in Har Homa. She said the same committee last week ALSO approved 178 homes for Arab residents in neighborhoods of the city including Ras al-Amud, Jabel Mukaber, Wadi Joz and Beit Hanina.

On the other hand, the Obama Regime has said nothing about Egypt’s eviction of residents and demolition of hundreds of mostly Palestinian civilian homes in the Gaza border town Rafah, in order to create a buffer zone and moat, following Hamas terror attacks that killed many Egyptian soldiers in Sinai, as well as the discovery of hundreds of Hamas smuggling terror tunnels from Rafah into Sinai.  Armed Egyptian soldiers have been rounding up residents of Rafah and blowing up their homes – with minimal media coverage or condemnation.

Egypt's massive demolition of Palestinian homes in Rafah

Egypt’s massive demolition of homes in Rafah

Meanwhile the world media and international community remained silent, reserving criticism and condemnation only for Israel.

Share