Jun 11 2015
Remember the defunct Dubai Ports deal? It’s baaaaack, only now it’s called the ‘Gulftainer’ deal and it poses a security nightmare for the U.S.
Did the Clintons pay-to-play arrangement hand over port container operations inside a national security nexus to Arab Muslim associates in the UAE? Port Canaveral in Florida is a critically sensitive, strategically important port that plays an integral role in America’s national security infrastructure, is laden with military and government installations, and will now be run by a foreign entity, rendering it an invitation to Islamic terrorism.
– Gulftainer (UAE-based company) was awarded a 35 year lease to Port Canaveral in a secret deal (Project Pelican) with the Clintons. The deal received no national security oversight.
– The deal was summarily rubberstamped by Treasury Secretary (and Clinton insider) Jacob Lew after Jafar donated to the Clinton Foundation.
– Gulftainer is now operating in the immediate vicinity of a major U.S. nuclear submarine base, NASA, Patrick Air Force Base, and other critical national security infrastructure.
– Our military at Port Canaveral are deeply concerned and believe this 35 year lease is a national security nightmare.
– A high level Coalition official in Iraq is reporting that Gulftainer was trafficking weapons for Iran to the Badr Brigade in Iraq. This is the same Bader Brigade that has killed so many American Soldiers. We have spoken to this official multiple times.
1776 Channel The Dubai Ports World controversy of 2006 has been reactivated, only this time the Arab principal has actually gained control of the container contract for a major U.S. port – Port Canaveral – near the Kennedy Space Center on Florida’s east coast, which is frequented by U.S. and NATO-ally nuclear submarines.
A 35-year contract signed last year and set to go operational in June allows a United Arab Emirates-based company managed by Badr Jafar to operate a cargo terminal managing containers. The UAE has been a major donor to the Clinton Foundation. The company, Gulftainer, is a global terminal port operator with headquarters in Sharjah, UAE, adjoining Dubai.
Beginning this month, ocean shipping container operations at Florida’s deep-water Port Canaveral, teeming with U.S. Navy nuclear submarines, NATO-ally nuclear submarines, and record numbers of cruise ships, and situated close to Kennedy Space Center, will be controlled by Gulftainer, a foreign company from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with close ties to former President Bill Clinton.
Port Canaveral is home to critical national security operations and infrastructure. A plethora of space and defense installations and programs, many of them highly classified, are situated either inside the port or within the immediate vicinity:
• NASA Kennedy Space Center and Visitor Complex
• Patrick Air Force Base
• Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
• U.S. Navy Trident submarine base (Trident Turning Basin)
• Top secret Air Force space plane
• National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) spy satellites
• Department of Defense/Boeing GPS satellites
• SpaceX resupply missions to the International Space Station
• SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket
• NASA Orion deep space capsule project and test launches
• United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy Rocket
• United Launch Alliance Atlas V Rocket
• Nuclear submarines resupply operations
• Lockheed Martin Fleet Ballistic Missile Eastern Ranger Operations
• Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) – Seismic, hydroacoustic and satellite monitoring of nuclear treaty signatory nations
• Air Force Space Command/45th Space Wing
• Air Force 920th Rescue Wing (Combat Search and Rescue)
• Craig Technologies Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Center
• Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)
• U.S. Coast Guard Station Port Canaveral
• Department of Homeland Security – Customs and Border Protection
• Numerous defense contractors (too many too list)
The Gultainer deal, which has alarmed the military, was approved by Treasury Secretary Jacob ‘Jack’ Lew, a former senior adviser to President Clinton. An unnamed source tells 1776 Channel that “the defense establishment is unhappy” about the deal between Gulftainer and Port Canaveral.
Gulftainer’s exclusive arrangement with Port Canaveral was negotiated in secret under the code name ‘Project Pelican.’ The 35-year lease grants Gulftainer exclusive rights to operate an intermodal container terminal inside Port Canaveral, near sensitive Department of Defense and NASA installations.
Recently-installed Port Canaveral CEO John Walsh concealed the Pelican Project and the identity of Gulftainer from the public until June 24, 2014, by which time Gulftainer officials from the UAE had already arrived in Florida for a signing ceremony.
The abruptly-announced deal between Gulftainer and the port immediately became a lightning rod for criticism due to multiple security concerns. To deflect those objections, Port Canaveral CEO Walsh employed the Obama administration’s standard talking point: “We can’t be racist.”
Joe Kasper, Chief of Staff to Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA), when asked today by 1776 Channel to comment on the “We can’t be racist” argument made by CEO Wash last summer, objected strongly:
“That claim is b***s**t — only an irrelevant and ignorant person would say that.” – Joe Kasper – Chief of Staff to Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA)
Rep. Hunter sits on the House Armed Services Committee and is also chairman of the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Subcommittee.
Last summer Port Canaveral CEO John Walsh and other port authority officials appeared to dodge questions about the deal from the conservative Washington Times.
The connections between the wealthy UAE family that owns Gulftainer and former President Bill Clinton and his associate Jack Lew appear to have remained undetected last summer, despite the availability of information from open-source documents and websites. Treasury Secretary Lew eventually rubber-stamped the controversial Gulftainer deal with no national security oversight or review.
Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) of the House Armed Services Committee opposed the Gulftainer lease on national security grounds. Rep. Hunter expressed his concerns about Gulftainer in a letter to Secretary Lew, to no avail.
Hunter’s Chief of Staff Joe Kasper also commented today to 1776 Channel about the absence of a Gulftainer – Port Canaveral deal national security review:
“There were no assurances whatsoever that this … arrangement was thoroughly reviewed and considered for national security risks. The request was made but I don’t think the administration gave it any real attention” – Joe Kasper, Chief of Staff to Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA)
The UAE’s Jafar family, which owns and controls both the Crescent Group and Gulftainer, has both direct and indirect connections to former President Clinton, a 1776 Channel investigation has discovered. Two brothers, Majid Jafar and Badr Jafar, stand at the helm of the Jafar family business empire.
Majid Jafar, 38, is CEO of UAE-based Crescent Petroleum, the petroleum unit of the Crescent Group. Badr Jafar, 35, is Managing Director of the Crescent Group, President of Crescent Petroleum and CEO of Crescent Enterprises, the parent of Gulftainer.
Majid co-Chairs, alongside former President Clinton, Business Backs Education, a United Nations UNESCO-run global educational campaign. The campaign is funded by the Varkey GEMS foundation, a contributor to the Clinton Global Initiative.
“The Varkey GEMS Foundation has helped to facilitate more than 2,300 commitments through the Clinton Global Initiative to date. Upon funding and implementation, these commitments will have a total value of over $70 billion.” – Varkey Foundation Website
Majid Jafar met with former President Bill Clinton and other global leaders, including the Director-General of UNESCO , at the Global Education and Skills Forum, held in Dubai from March 15-17, 2014.
A group photograph taken during the forum provides key evidence that Crescent executive Majid Jafar not only served as co-Chair of the Business Backs Education campaign alongside former President Bill Clinton, but also physically stood next to former President Clinton at a time when Gulftainer was secretly seeking to establish operations at Port Canaveral. That deal would soon require approval from Clinton’s long-time friend, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew.
Treasury Secretary Lew granted approval to the Port Canaveral Gulftainer deal, without a national security review, on September 26, 2014, almost exactly six months after Bill Clinton and Crescent Petroleum CEO Majid Jafar stood on stage together at the Global Education & Skills Forum 2014 in Dubai.
The question is, did Bill Clinton engage the Jafars/Crescent in quid pro quo skid-greasing to ram the Gulftainer deal through the U.S. Treasury Department in exchange for the Clinton’s favorite commodity: cash?
The Clintons have a history of accepting money in the UAE. It is an established fact that Bill and Hillary Clinton have demonstrated little to no interest in protecting U.S. national security. The reality is quite the opposite, in fact.
PATRIOTIC PROTEST – Why?
Gulftainer Takes over Operations of Port Canaveral
- Gulftainer (UAE-based company), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Crescent Group, obtained a 35 year lease to operate Port Canaveral through secret a deal with the Clintons. Because this deal is based on a lease (i.e., not outright ownership), it received no national security review.
- The deal was summarily rubberstamped by Treasury Secretary (and Clinton insider) Jacob Lew.
- Gulftainer was implicated by Iraqi officials for delivering weapons to Iranian-backed terrorists in Iraq (the Badr Brigade). They were also stopped by the IDF for transiting weapons to Hamas in Gaza.
- The dedication is scheduled for June 12.