Jun 15 2015
And now we should sue the FBI for taking them off the list. They all hail from the terrorist-supporting countries of Pakistan, Yemen, and Afghanistan yet claim to have allegedly lost job opportunities because of the ban. (What they don’t mention is that they were perfectly content to live off the government dole all that time) And now they are looking to make a financial killing from this lawsuit.
FOX News Four suspicious-looking Muslim men who have accused FBI agents of putting them on a no-fly list because they refused to become informants want to pursue damages against the agents even though the travel ban has been lifted, the men’s lawyers told a federal judge Friday.
They hail from Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan — and claim to have lost job opportunities because of the ban. (Yeah, sure they did)
Earlier this week the men received letters notifying them their names had been removed from the list of tens of thousands of (mainly Muslim) people prohibited from flying to, from or within the United States. Three of the four — Jameel Albighah, Naveed Shinwari and Awais Sajjad — were in federal court in Manhattan to hear the arguments over a government motion to have their lawsuit against 25 FBI agents dismissed.
Plaintiff lawyer Robert Shwartz told U.S. District Judge Ronnie Abrams that “various FBI agents punished (the men) and put them on because they refused to become informants at their mosques.” As a result, they were unable to travel to see loved ones, lost job opportunities and suffered the “stigma of being treated as threats to aviation security,” he said. (They ARE!) He added: “Money relief is really the only relief.”
In a statement, Albighah, a U.S. citizen from Yemen with a wife and three daughters who still live there, said being on the list proved agonizing. “They messed up my life,” he said. “My youngest daughter doesn’t even know me.” (Lucky girl)
Assistant U.S. Attorney Ellen Blain argued the case shouldn’t go forward because neither the law nor the evidence supported finding the agents personally liable for violating the plaintiffs’ constitutional rights. She also warned further litigation could unnecessarily delve into national security issues.
In April, the Islamic Obama Regime announced a new policy allows for an American traveler who has been denied boarding a commercial airliner to petition the U.S. Transportation Security Administration once to find out whether he or she is on the no-fly list, and for an unclassified explanation of why he or she is on the list.
The new policy partially lifted a veil of secrecy enshrouding a strategy that has been a centerpiece of the government’s counterterrorism program since the September 2001 terror attacks.
This RT leftist moron should also be on the NO FLY list: