Aug 14 2015
AUSTRALIAN Defense officials, public servants and member of Parliament now on Islamic State (ISIS) top hit list
Australia’s top ISIS fighter Neil Prakash (right), from Melbourne, sent the list to his 1100 followers and urged them to attack. One post he shared said: “Kill them (unbelievers) wherever you find them and enslave their women.”
Prakash, who fights with the Islamic State under the nom de guerre Abu Khalid al-Cambodi, was a close associate of Mohamed Ali Baryalei, the Islamic State recruiter who authorities believe organised a plot to abduct and behead a member of the public in Sydney. Prakash wis believed to be regularly communicating with Islamist radicals in Australia.
Herald Sun Counter-Terrorism Minister Michael Keenan confirmed that eight Australians have had their details compromised, Sky News reported today. Their personal details including phone numbers and emails have been shared on social media as the death cult claimed they had hacked American government and military computers.
The member of Parliament told the Herald Sun he had no idea why he was on the list. “If I’d been outspoken, yeah I could understand there being threats, but I’ve never said anything,” he said. “I’m not worried about it. I don’t want to frighten my family or anything.” (No, of course you don’t, better to let them be surprised when your severed head is delivered to the front door)
The list contains hundreds of names — many of whom are American defence personnel — and is being distributed with a chilling message. “We are in your emails and computer systems, watching and recording your every move,” it said.
The Australian Federal Police said it was aware of claims made by the Islamic State hackers, and will liaise with the appropriate agencies. It’s believed the Australians included in the list had been on a subscription database on a non-government computer system which was compromised.