1. Police said at a press conference on the night of December 2 that they are unsure if Farook and Malik were married or just engaged. However an earlier report from the Los Angeles Time said that Farook had married over the last six months. The Times said that the couple had met online.
2. The couple had a young baby together who was in the care of grandparents at the time of the attack.
3. One of the guns recovered from the car that Farook and Malik were killed in had been legally bought. It was registered to someone who was known to police.
4. The San Bernardino police chief told the media that “There had to be some sort of planning that went into this.”
5. Having moved away from earlier statements, police in San Bernardino now believe that there were only two shooters, not three.