OHIO: Man who shot two people including a deputy sheriff with an AK-47 is a MUSLIM

Sheriff Larry Sims reported the deputy shot was Katie Barnes who responded to the first domestic violence call. The call was  about an individual named Mohammed Abdou Laghaoui, 19, who  was threatening to shoot his father and brother.

Cincinnati  Barnes arrived there to discuss the threats being made by Mohammed, threatening to kill his brother and father. Barnes spent 40 minutes talking to the father and brother to see if they would file charges. They did not want to seek criminal charges, so Barnes left, according to Sims.

About an hour later, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office received a second domestic violence call. Laghaoui had punched his father in the face, with continued threats being made. Within six minutes of that call, Barnes arrived back to the Orchard, parking “strategically so that she could approach this apartment complex without being seen right away,” Sims said.

As Barnes approached the second floor, where Apartment C is located, Lagahoui immediately opened fire on her with an AK-47 assault rifle. At least six spent rounds were found near Barnes, with five rounds found elsewhere. She fired four times, Sims said.


Within a minute, Barnes called for help and returned fire. Barnes was struck by one of the rounds at that point, then another deputy arrived and he was able to get Barnes out of there, Sims said. Thinking the shots were firecrackers, two neighbors went outside and became face-to-face with Lagahoui. One of them, Jason Ratliff, was shot at twice but is unharmed, Sims said.

It wasn’t until 4:30 a.m., when Lagahoui returned to his apartment, that the Warren County Sheriff’s Office took him into custody without incident, Sims said. Barnes was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and was released at about 2:30 a.m. The round hit her in her lower abdomen.

The female deputy who was shot is conscious and alert. The condition of the other shooting victim is unknown, but authorities said his injuries are no-life threatening.