When a Muslim put an IED-looking device in a briefcase and took it to school, he got invited to the White House

When an American was found with a mock IED device in his suitcase, he was arrested at a Toronto airport and the airport was shut down for several hours. 

CBC  U.S. officials have released an image of an object found in the suitcase of an American man as he attempted to board a flight from Toronto to Chicago on April 6. The discovery of the object, in the luggage of Joseph Galaska, caused hours of delays for passengers on the same flight at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.

In a tweet on Monday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection called the device a “mock IED” or improvised explosive device. The device itself was covered in colourful wires and electronic components. U.S. officials said in a statement on April 6 that the object was swabbed for explosives “with a negative result.”

Meanwhile, other passengers booked on Galaska’s flight were delayed by more than eight hours at Pearson and were moved in shuttle buses to an isolation area before being re-screened along with their baggage.

Galaska was charged with mischief following the discovery of the object. He appeared in a Toronto courtroom on April 7 and is due back in court on April 18.

Nicknamed “Clockboy” for taking apart a clock and putting all the wires and element into a briefcase so it looked like an IED, then bringing it to school, Ahmed Mohammed (below) got weeks of media publicity and praise for his “ingenuity “from Barack Obama and an invitation to the White House.

Clockboy also got a slew of free technology products from Amazon, was honored by CAIR, and praised by the owner of Facebook who invited him to visit their headquarters.

Clockboy’s father filed a $15 million defamation lawsuit against the FOX News, the Mayor of Irving, Glen Beck and a host of bloggers who condemned him for his little bomb hoax. Fortunately, MUSLIM ‘CLOCKBOY’ defamation lawsuit thrown out of court by judge.