SWEDEN: Music festival cancelled for 2018 due to multiple sexual assaults and rape by Muslim migrants at this year’s event

A large music festival in Sweden, The Bråvalla festival in Norrkoping, says the decision was made after a rape was reported on Friday during a performance by pop singer Håkan Hellström at this year’s four day event. In addition to the rape report Swedish police say they recorded 11 cases of sexual abuses by Muslim migrants at the July 28-July 1 event.

UK Daily Mail (h/t Terry D)  The organizing company, FKP Scorpio, said in a statement released on Saturday it had attempted to prevent rapes and sexual abuses but ‘some men – because we are talking about (Muslim) men – apparently can’t behave. It’s a shame.’

‘Words cannot describe how incredibly sad we are about this, and we most seriously regret and condemn this. This is not f-ing okay. We do not accept this at our festival,’ a festival representative wrote.

This is not the first time the festival, which takes place near Norrköping in eastern Sweden, has been hit with sex abuse allegations. At last year’s event there were five reported cases of rape and 12 sexual assault incidents.

The festival, which started in 2013 and draws about 40,000, urged people to ‘take care of each other, choke hatred and violence and let the music win.’

The organizer didn’t say if or when the festival will return nor have they commented on whether the company’s financial situation had anything to do with the cancellation – FKP Scorpio reported a loss of 75 million kronor ($8,904,500) in 2016.

‘We don’t have any further comments on that. We have issued a press release, and that’s what applies here,’ FKP press spokesperson Johanna Jonasson told Swedish broadcaster SVT.

A debate about sexual molestation raged in Sweden in 2016 after it emerged that groups of boys, mainly of Afghani and Moroccan MUSLIM origin according to police reports, had been groping girls at the  We Are STHLM youth festival for two years running.

In January the Swedish police and media were accused of covering up a spate of sexual offences involving young Muslim migrants at We Are Sthlm, a free summer youth festival in Stockholm. The scandal broke after the New Year’s Eve sexual assaults in Cologne, Germany.

In January 2017,  two Afghan Muslim migrants broadcast their brutal gang rape against a Swedish woman on Facebook Live. The two assailants had a gun as they attacked and raped the victim, which witnesses say lasted approximately three hours and was only stopped once police arrived.