Jul 27 2016
FRANCE: One of the Muslims who beheaded a priest yesterday had been released from prison in March 2016 despite counter-terrorism officials’ pleas not to
Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins said that 19-year-old Adel Kermiche’s bail conditions allowed his electronic monitoring bracelet to be deactivated for a few hours every morning, a period that corresponded with the attack in the town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray.
FOX News Kermiche and a second unidentified attacker stormed the church, forced priest Jacques Hamel to kneel before they killed him, and captured the bloody assault on film, according to a nun who escaped the assault. “They forced him to his knees. He wanted to defend himself. And that’s when the beheading happened,” said the nun, identified as Sister Danielle.
“They recorded themselves. They did a sort of sermon around the altar, in Arabic. It’s a horror,” she told BFM television. Molins said the other hostages were used as human shields to block police from entering. Both attackers were shot dead by anti-terror police units as they ran outside the sanctuary shouting “Allahu Akbar!”